Free Browsing to All Networks is also possible.
Have you ever tried browsing the internet with a 3G MoDem? Probably, YES- but using the SmartBro 3G Wireless Kit from Smart Communications. How about using a 3G Cellular Phone? Probably, YES also using iPhone 3G- but of course with a flat rate. How about using your 3G Phone, but with your wallet shutoff? Ehhhmmm… Sounds like crazy, right? But since I am not that kind of person who keep on hiding tricks, maybe you are diverted into the right place.
I will try to share you this “HaK”- LOL, wrong spelling… You are going to have a free mobile internet access, not availing a promo but through the use of your 3G mobile phone and a few tweaks on your computer. In your setup, the phone acts as MoDem. The setup is applicable for both Smart and Globe.
What you need:
- At least one peso balance in your prepaid account (Smart Users). It won’t connect if it’s zero.
- Globe users zero balance is right enough! I tried it this way and it really works.
- A cellphone (with GPRS or 3G) with good signal. (Activate GPRS for Smart: SET (fonemodel) send to 211; Activate GPRS in Globe: GO (fonemodel) send to 2951.)
- Nokia PC suite (any version)
- Internet browser like Opera Mini 4, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
- Data Cable (I prefer it for faster connection). It’s only 60 pesos in CD-R King.
How to do:
1. Connect your modem-capable cellphone, e.g N70, N82, etc – mine is N6120. Haven’t tried any brand so, I can’t comment. You can explore anyway.
2. Run Nokia PC Suite.
3. Click “Connect to the Internet” Icon. It will automatically connect. You cannot cancel it so just wait for it to error. Click Configure. Choose your Phone Modem in the Drop down dialogue box.
4. Click Next. Tick Configure Manually. Enter APN.
for Globe users: http.globe.com.ph
for Smart: internet
6. Open your Browser and edit the following settings. I tired it with Firefox and Opera 9.62.
- Select Tools>Preferences>Advanced>Network>Proxy Servers> Check only HTTP
- Enter browseprox.com port 80 or 184.108.40.206 port 80. Click Ok.
- In the Address bar type: for Globe and http://smartsurf.ph for Smart; and wait for the site to load. It is the proxyster.com or ndblock site. It masks your IP ad so you can browse undetected. In their site your can find address box to enter URL.
- Select Advanced tab>Network>Settings> Check Manual proxy config>Enter browseprox.com or 220.127.116.11 in the HTTP Proxy box.
- Input Port 80 then Check ‘Use this proxy for all protocols’. Click Ok, then OK again in the Options Window.
In the address box, type for Globe and http://wap.smart.com.ph for Smart
One more thing, You CANNOT watch videos online with these proxies but you can make downloads.
I had also experienced that I was taken to an APACHE site. When this happens, change the to when you’re using globe.
Smart Users, just try and try. Sometimes it gives error but that ain’t true, just refresh. Sometimes it’s fast sometimes it takes time to load.
When you get the apache tomcat window while loading, you have to change proxies.
My antivirus Avast! and best security software detect the sites as inappropriate so make sure that you add them to trusted zones or if not, disable your antivirus.
Update: March 9, 2010