This is the Top Ten Facebook Applications for the month of August to September this year.
The ranking based on stats is very useful for developers, investors, internet marketers, and web analysts interested in tracking the application traffic on the Facebook Platform.
If you are spending most of your time on Facebook, you can also refer here to learn what Facebook Applications most users are indulging with! The ranking is based on Monthly Active Users (MAU) extracted from Facebook Application Metrics which is provided by AppData.com.
1. FARMVILLE – is a game developed by Zynga. Farmville has a Monthly Active Users of 37,659,165. Farmville’s description on Facebook says: “Howdy Ya’ll! Come on down to the Farm today and play with your friends. We got plenty of land for everyone. Come and see what everyone is hootin’ and hollerin’ about.”
2. CAUSES – is developed by Causes under Education category of Facebook Applications. Causes has a Monthly Active Users of 27,629,727. Causes’ description on Facebook says: “Causes strives to empower people from all walks of life to have a positive impact on the world in which they live. We allow Facebook users to organize into communities of action focused upon specific issues or nonprofit organizations.”
3. LIVINGSOCIAL – is a game developed by LivingSocial. It has a Monthly Active Users of 23,207,364. LivingSocial is described on Facebook as “the best way to show off and keep track of the things you like to do. You can tell everyone the 5 books to read before they die, keep track of your movie watching and more! It works with books, movies, albums, beers, tv shows and more!”
4. MAFIA WARS - is another Facebook game application by Zynga. It has a Monthly Active Users of 20,715,711. Playing Mafia Wars, you can start a Mafia Family with your friends, do Crime Jobs for cash, buy Powerful Weapons, and Fight!
5. WE’RE RELATED – is developed by FamilyLink.com under Friends and Family category of Facebook Applications. We’re Related has a MAU of 20,332,117. With We’re Related, you can build your family tree and see who you are related to on Facebook! With this application you can find relatives on Facebook and build your family tree. Add this app, it is sweet!
6. MOVIES – is developed by Flixter under Entertainment category of Facebook applications. It has a MAU of 19,143,791. With Movies App, you can compare your taste in movies with friends. Share reviews. Discover new movies. Test your movie knowledge with the Never-Ending Movie Quiz!
7. FARM TOWN – is another game developed by Slashkey with a Monthly Active User of 18,670,954. I haven’t played this game yet, but I think there’s a similarity with FarmVille. With Farm Town, you and your friends can have a great time playing games, design, grow and maintain your own farm, and even send gifts to your friends!
8. MINDJOLT GAMES – is another Facebook game developed by MindJolt. MindJolt Games has a MAU of 16,603,075. At MindJolt Games you can play any of the Arcade, Puzzle, Strategy and Sports games offered for free. You can challenge your friends or play it by yourself. Either way, you’re sure to have hours of fun!
9. PET SOCIETY – is a Facebook game developed by Playfish having a MAU of 16,506,260. In the world of Pet Society you and your pet can have a great time! You can play games, decorate your house and even bring gifts for your friends when you visit them.
10. TEXAS HOLDEM POKER – is the third Facebook game application by Synga to be at the Top Ten of Facebook Apps. It has a MAU of 16,261,188. Play Texas Hold’Em Poker with your Facebook friends. Also get FREE Zynga chips every day that you play!
Now, does your favorite Facebook application included in the Top 10? Just leave a comment below this post if it’s included or not…