Yes, there’s the Facebook for iPhone app – but some reports it doesn’t work that great on the iPad. The good thing is there are those independent developers who always try to find solid ways to use Facebook on iPad.
Update: Download Facebook App for iPad [Official]
First up is Friendly for Facebook by Oecoway, Inc. It’s the first unofficial Facebook app for iPad (I think) which continue to become a hit, receiving positive reviews from its users.
- Swipe through Facebook photos full screen
- Chat with your online friends
- Upload/Download Photos
- Easy switch between multiple Facebook accounts
- Secure your Facebook Account with a PIN Code access
- Customize colors and fonts to your liking
Here comes another challenger which was just updated early this week – the Facepad. Though first claimed to have a stunning and interactive interface, looks like the older version is sluggish and buggy as users claim – even worse that it crashes on iOS 3.2 during start up. Nevertheless, some of those issues have been addressed in the new version which also supports iOS 4.0 or later.
Features of Facepad include:
- Swipe-based navigation
- Dedicated photo browser
- External link/embedded video player
- Quick Links (Profile, Live/News Feed, Friends, etc)
Though these two are not the best Facebook apps for iPad, still you can give it a try. Of course do let us know what you think about it. Don’t ‘ya? Or if you think I missed your favorite unofficial Facebook app for iPad, hit me in the comment section. Surely, I’ll look at it!