Just recently, we talked about how to remove the navigation bar in Blogger to make your blog look better and how to make post title unique as part of the basic SEO for Blogger.
Today, I’ll share you another tip for Blogger that will provide your readers a better way to navigate your contents. If you’ve been using this platform for months now, you might have noticed that on your individual blog post, you can’t see the “Read more” or what is called expandable post below each individual post. Instead, you see the entire post displayed in the homepage.
In the old Blogger platform, you can add “Read more” or expandable post by adding some extra codes in your template. But there’s no need to do that if you’ve just newly setup your first blog. Why? It’s because in the new Blogger draft, you can already insert jump break within individual post. To do that, simply follow these steps.
1. Login to your Blogger dashboard.
2. Go to http://draft.blogger.com
3. Click New Post on the blog where you want to add post. The text editor will look very new if you’ve just used Blogger draft the first time.
4. On the text editor, click on the Compose tab.
5. Position the cursor where you want to break the post, and then click Insert Jump Break as shown below.
|Insert Jump Break in Blogger Draft|
When you hit publish, your blog post will look like this in the homepage:
|Blogger Post with “Read More”|
That’s pretty simple, right? Just leave a comment if there’s something you have in mind.