ASUS ZenPhone 5
(Php 6,995 at Lazada, Villman, and KimStore)
Announced almost a year ago during the CES 2014 in Las Vegas last January 2014, the Asus ZenPhone 5 caught the attention of many with it’s charming, subtle looks. And as much as it is a beauty on the outside, it is also powerful on the inside–especially for its price range–with a dual core Intel Atom Z2560 processor with Hyper Thread Technology, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of expandable ROM. There’s also an 8 megapixel back and 2 megapixel front cameras. Plus, the Asus ZenPhone 5 comes in 5 different colors (subject to stock availability): Black, White, Red, Gold and Purple.
Asus ZenPhone 5 Official Specs:
- Android 4.3 Jellybean, upgradable to 4.4.2 Kitkat
- 1.6 GHz Dual Core Intel Atom Z2560 processor with Hyper Thread Technology
- PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU
- 5 Inch ( 720 x 1280 pixels ) IPS LCD display at 254 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2 GB of RAM
- 16 GB of ROM
- microSD card support to up to 64 GB
- 8 megapixel back camera with Sony BSI Sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 5-element lens, auto focus with LED flash, 1080p @30fps video recording
- 2 megapixel front camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, 3G/HSPA, Bluetooth 4.0
- Dual Micro SIM, Dual Stand-by
- Non-removable Li-Po 2110 mAh battery
- 148.2 x 72.8 x 5.5-10.3, 145 grams
A self confessed gadget enthusiast, Phillip Joanino is a Registered Nurse by profession. He graduated with BS in Nursing from Centro Escolar University in Manila, circa April 2013. He’s a certified Apple fanboy, the go-to person when it comes to the latest tech updates and knows the hippest and trendiest places and events around the Metro.
What makes Phillip an Apple fan boy? Currently, he’s got a Black iPod Nano 3rd Gen, a White iPad with Retina display, a White iPhone 4S, a Gold iPhone 5S and a 13-inch Mid 2013 MacBook Air. He’s also got a BlackBerry 9700 on the side, as well as a Intel Core i5 Samsung QX-410 notebook.