Designed as a business-centric smartphone, the Nokia E6 features touch functionality as well as full-QWERTY keyboard, together with the standard hardware specs in mid-range category today which include 680 MHz ARM 11 processor with 2D/3D Graphics HW, 1GB of ROM, 256MB of RAM, 8GB internal memory, and most notably for photography enthusiasts – this phone got the best in Nokia’s E-series with an 8MP shooter.And as we believe this phone has what it takes to be your first Symbian Anna device, CTB will be giving away one (1) Nokia E6 to our friends, loyal readers, and fans! This phone is currently selling at Php 17,820 here in the Philippines, but this can be yours for FREE! Read on for the full mechanics…CTB Nokia E6 Giveaway Mechanics
How do I join?
• The contest is open to anyone, anywhere in the Philippines.
• To become an eligible participant, one must have an active Facebook account.
• Relatives of CTB editor, Bert Padilla, up to 3rd degree are not allowed to join the contest.
What do I have to do?
The contest will run for 1 month, from September 1 to 30, 2011. Winner(s) will be identified through raffle (see more details below) and will be announced on October 3, 2011 (Monday).
1. Join Cebu Tech Blogger Facebook Fan Page by clicking the Like button below.
2. Join Nokia Philippines on Facebook by clicking the Like button below.
3. Share this contest to your Facebook friends by clicking the Share button below.
4. Go to CTB Facebook discussion page by clicking this link and participate on the topic:
“Name any Application or Game from Nokia Ovi Store that is compatible with Nokia E6, the smartphone running the latest Symbian Anna software.”
5. Post the name of the App together with its link to the Ovi Store in the discussion.
Name: Chess Lite
Name: Transformers: DOTM – Trailer 2
Name: TF3 – Voicetone 4
You can check more apps from Nokia Ovi Store [Link]; just make sure you select an app compatible with Nokia E6.
• Every comment is equivalent to 1 entry. 1 Entry is equivalent to 1 raffle ticket. Participants can submit up to 5 entries to increase chances of winning, but MAKE SURE ALL ENTRIES ARE UNIQUE (see tip below), that is, you have to name a different application from previous entries. Entries submitted beyond the maximum entries allowed are deemed invalid. You are not allowed to comment more than 5 entries 1 entry on the same day (thanks, damnvixen!). Each entry should be submitted on a different date from September 1 to 30, 2011
• Submitted entries after September 30, 2011 will be deemed invalid.
How will CTB select the winner?
• Each valid entry will be listed in a spreadsheet, powered by Google Docs. The spreadsheet will be made public, with read-only access to participants so you would also be able to track all your entries. [Link here]
• Since you are allowed to submit up to 5 entries, each entry will get a corresponding number in the spreadsheet. Each will also have a corresponding link to your Facebook profile and a link to your entry in CTB Facebook discussion page.
• The corresponding number of your entries may not necessarily be sorted in order. It can be placed before or after other participants’ entries, depending on when you submitted each entry.
• The winner WILL BE DETERMINED by RAFFLING THE NUMBERS OF ALL VALID ENTRIES, using Random.org True Random Number Generator.
• To make it more exciting, CTB will raffle all valid entries 5 times, and the NUMBER GENERATED ON THE FIFTH (5TH) DRAW will be declared as the THE OFFICIAL WINNER.
How do I get my prize?
• Your Nokia E6 may be claimed from Cebu City, Philippines. However, this will depend upon whether the sponsor decides to deliver the prizes of the winner personally or by courier.
• The winner will be notified through their Facebook account. For a reason that a participant is not using his/her real name on FB, CTB will request the winner to verify the account.
• The decision of the judges is final and irrevocable.
Update: Tip for Valid Entries
As mentioned above, please submit UNIQUE APPS or GAMES that are COMPATIBLE with NOKIA E6. “Unique” means the name of app or game hasn’t been submitted already by other participants.
1. To make sure you are submitting unique apps, use the “Find” function in the spreadsheet (Ctrl+F). If your query didn’t return matching entry, then you got a unique app; else, you have to select another app or game.
2. To choose an app or game that is compatible with Nokia E6, select first the phone. To do that, click Select your phone (beside the Language drop-down list in Ovi website). In the Nokia phone Selector, select Full keyboard (since E6 is a QWERTY smartphone). Finally, look for Nokia E6-00, and then click OK.
So, that’s it! If there’s anything unclear for you, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. Join now!
On behalf of CTB community, we extend our sincere thanks to Nokia Philippines for sponsoring this contest.J