With the new Facebook App for iPad, you can:
- Enjoy bigger, better photos: Your photos are high-res and easy to flip through, like a real photo album
- Navigate anywhere, fast: Just tap, slide or pinch to move from one screen to another
- Play games on the go: Access your favorite Facebook apps and games, wherever you are
- Focus on what matters: Zoom in on your friends’ photos, updates and stories
- Never lose your place: Share a photo, update your status or send a message without leaving News Feed
- See who’s nearby: Check out the Nearby map to see what your friends are up to
We have heard several reports why the official Facebook App for iPad didn’t make its way to the Apple App Store until today, one which involved both Apple and Facebook apparently have been at odds over various issues. We can recall Facebook pulled the plug of its Facebook Connect API for Apple’s iTunes Ping service launched last year, as the social network giant apparently would require Apple a special agreement for using Facebook’s API on Ping. In spite of that, that didn’t stop the social network from releasing the much anticipated official app for iPad — although this would also mean a loss to unofficial apps like the Friendly for Facebook and Facepad / MyPad by developers Oecoway, Inc. and Loytr, Inc., respectively.
The official Facebook App for iPad is now available for download at the Apple App Store via this link.
Update: Facebook posted a notice to users upgrading from an older version of its app: If you’re having trouble starting the app after the upgrade, please delete and reinstall it – this has been confirmed to solve the issue.