Like the Skype for iPhone app, the new Skype for iPad allows users to call, video call, and IM anyone on Skype, or even call landlines and mobile phones using Skype Credit.
Simple to use:
- Join Skype on your iPad in a few moments or just sign straight in to your account.
- If you already have a Skype account, your Skype contacts will automatically be there on your iPad.
- We’ve made adding new Skype contacts really easy.
- Once they’re in your Contact list, call, video or instant message them in one touch.
- Flick through recent calls and instant messages in your Skype for iPad history.
- Skype for iPad works over Wi-Fi or 3G (operator data charges may apply). Call Skype contacts on their iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, PC, Mac and even Skype enabled TVs.
This new Skype for iPad app was certainly designed to leverage both front and rear cameras of iPad 2 to send and receive video from iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G devices. Whilst the iPad 2 send and receive video from the rear camera of iPhone 3GS, it can also receive video from the first-gen iPad and the iPod Touch 3G.
Skype for iPad requires iOS 4.0 or later installed, and you can get it at the App Store via this link.
Seems like it’s not yet available here in the Philippines, just in other countries’ App Stores like the US. But there’s a workaround on how to get; just follow the steps here, but look for Skype for iPad instead of Google+.