|Start Menu of Windows 8|
Because Microsoft’s next operating system has been demoed earlier today, and for the very first time – you are going to see how the new interface looks like. Microsoft showed few aspects of Windows 8 UI and among those interesting to note include:
- Fast launching of apps from a tile-based Start screen, which replaces the Windows Start menu with a customizable, scalable full-screen view of apps.
- Live tiles with notifications, showing always up-to-date information from your apps.
- Fluid, natural switching between running apps.
- Convenient ability to snap and resize an app to the side of the screen, so you can really multitask using the capabilities of Windows.
- Fully touch-optimized browsing, with all the power of hardware-accelerated Internet Explorer 10.
Check the video below.
Thinking that Windows 8 is definitely optimized for tablets, the Redmond-based company undoubtedly scored once again in OS competition, at least for the enticing look of its forthcoming OS even in the unofficial build. Though it’s too early to tell, we really have more to see in Microsoft’s future developments of the software before saying it would really be the best Windows OS ever. What ‘ya think? [via]