When jailbreaking iPhone 4S and iPad 2 in Windows using the GreenPois0n Absinthe tool, you might encounter an error in which your device is stuck on a page that says “ABSINTHE is now setting things up, please stand-by…”. In some cases, this error may occur after you launched the Absinthe jailbreak right in your device at the latter part of the jailbreaking process.
[singlepic id=35 w=295 h=438 mode=watermark float=center]
To fix this, just follow the steps below.
1. Restore your iPhone or iPad through iTunes (Make sure to backup data)
2. When prompted, setup your device as a new iPhone/iPad.
[singlepic id=30 w=520 h=315 mode=watermark float=center]
3. Once done restoring your device, launch again the Absinthe application in your PC.
[singlepic id=31 w=520 h=315 mode=watermark float=center]
4. Follow the Absinthe jailbreak guide as detailed here.
5. When the Absinthe application says that you’re almost done and tells you to unlock the screen and tap the “Jailbreak” icon to finish – DON’T DO that yet.
[singlepic id=22 w=520 h=315 mode=watermark float=center]
Instead, just unlock the screen and go to Settings and turn the VPN “On” (Settings>General>Network>VPN).
[singlepic id=34 w=295 h=438 mode=watermark float=center]
6. A VPN connection error will prompt, just tap OK and wait for few seconds until your device reboots.
[singlepic id=33 w=295 h=438 mode=watermark float=center]
7. When your device rebooted, you’ll see the Cydia app installed and the Absinthe icon disappeared.
[singlepic id=32 w=295 h=438 mode=watermark float=center]
8. Close the Absinthe application in your computer. And that’s it! You’re done!
This fix worked just fine both in iPhone 4S and iPad 2. As usual, do let us know in the comment section below how it goes with your own device.