|JailbreakMe.com in Safari|
1. First, make sure you’re iPhone is already running iOS 4.3.3 or iOS 4.2.6 through iOS 4.2.8 (CDMA); then follow step 2 onwards. If your firmware version is below 4.3.3 or 4.2.6, just follow the steps from 1.xx to upgrade to the latest version.
- 1.10 Create a new folder in your desktop, and rename the folder as Pwnage. Place iOS 4.3.3 (or iOS 4.2.8 if using CDMA-based iPhone 4) in that folder. If you don’t have a copy of iOS 4.3.3 or iOS 4.2.8 firmware yet, you can get one direct from Apple servers through the download links here. Just make sure to select the right IPSW or iOS firmware for your device.
- 1.11 Connect your iPhone to computer. If iTunes is not configured to launch when iPhone is connected, launch it manually.
- 1.12 In iTunes, select your iPhone in the left pane under “Devices”.
- 1.13 Right-click on your iPhone, and select “Back Up”.
- 1.14 Hold down “Shift” key if using Windows, or “Option” key if using Mac – and click the “Restore” button in iTunes.
- 1.15 Look for the iOS 4.3.3 / iOS 4.2.8 IPSW you saved in Pwnage folder in desktop (Step 1.10), and click “Open”. iTunes will then upgrade your iPhone firmware to that firmware.
2. Once you’re already running iOS 4.3.3 / iOS 4.2.8, launch Safari browser from springboard.
3. Navigate to http://www.jailbreakme.com/
4. Tap on “Free” button, then tap “Install”.
5. Safari browser will close, and Cydia will download and finally install itself.
6. Once done, Cydia is now visible in your iPhone’s springboard.
Your iPhone is now jailbroken, and you may already launch Cydia.
Extend your thanks to Comex for making this jailbreak possible.