|JailbreakMe.com in Safari|
The process of jailbreaking iPod Touch using JailbreakMe is just the same on how it is done on iPhone and iPad. To do that, just follow the steps below.
1. First, make sure you’re iPod Touch is already running iOS 4.3.3; then follow step 2 onwards. If your firmware version is below 4.3.3, follow steps from 1.xx to upgrade to the latest version.
- 1.10 Create a new folder in your desktop, and rename the folder as Pwnage. Place iOS 4.3.3 in that folder. If you don’t have a copy of iOS 4.3.3 firmware yet, you can get one direct from Apple servers through the download links here. Just make sure to select the right IPSW or iOS firmware for your device.
- 1.11 Connect your iPod Touch to computer. If iTunes is not configured to launch when iPod Touch is connected, launch it manually.
- 1.12 In iTunes, select your iPod Touch in the left pane under “Devices”.
- 1.13 Right-click on your iPod Touch, and select “Back Up”.
- 1.14 Hold down “Shift” key if using Windows, or “Option” key if using Mac – and click the “Restore” button in iTunes.
- 1.15 Look for the iOS 4.3.3 IPSW you saved in Pwnage folder in desktop (Step 1.10), and click “Open”. iTunes will then upgrade your iPod Touch firmware to iOS 4.3.3.
2. Once you’re already running iOS 4.3.3, launch Safari browser from springboard.
3. Navigate to http://www.jailbreakme.com/
4. Tap on “Free” button, then tap “Install”.
5. Safari browser will close, and Cydia will download and finally install itself.
6. Once done, Cydia is now visible in your iPod Touch springboard.
Your iPod Touch is now jailbroken, and you may already launch Cydia.
Extend your thanks to Comex for making this jailbreak possible.