For those who haven’t jailbroken their iPhone 4S or iPad 2 on the latest firmware yet, here’s a detailed guide on how to do it. This tutorial is for Windows users using the latest GreenPois0n Absinthe tool. If you’re using Mac, head over here.
[singlepic id=25 w=520 h=315 mode=watermark float=center]
GreenPois0n Absinthe can jailbreak iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0 / 5.0.1 and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0 (also called A5 devices because of its chipset) untethered, meaning you don’t need to hook your device into your computer every time it reboots. Using Absinthe is very easy; in fact, I can say that it’s easier to use than Redsn0w – although it seems the jailbreak process on the device itself takes a little longer.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad Using Absinthe for Windows
1. Backup your iPhone 4S or iPad 2.
[singlepic id=26 w=520 h=315 mode=watermark float=center]
2. Update device firmware to iOS 5.0.1 (Unlockers should stay on iOS 5.0.)
3. Download GreenPois0n Absinthe for Windows
4. Extract the zip file
“Absinthe-win-0.2” “Absinthe-win-0.3” to your desired location
[singlepic id=27 w=520 h=315 mode=watermark float=center]
5. Run Absinthe as Administrator
[singlepic id=31 w=520 h=315 mode=watermark float=center]
6. Click the button that says “Jailbreak”
[singlepic id=24 w=520 h=315 mode=watermark float=center]
Note: Don’t unplug your device and just wait until it reboot. You will need to enter password if required.
[singlepic id=23 w=520 h=315 mode=watermark float=center]
7. You’re almost done! After your device booted, navigate in your homescreen and find the Absinthe icon.
[singlepic id=36 w=295 h=438 mode=watermark float=center]
8. Tap the Absinthe icon so you could get the Cydia app installed in your device. And you’re done!
Note: If you’re stuck on a page that says “ABSINTHE is now setting things up, please stand-by…” after you tapped the Absinthe icon in the homescreen and nothing else happen, follow the instructions from here on how to resolve it.