The LG G Pro 2 finally saw daylight as the phablet was officially unveiled by LG during an event held in Seoul, Korea today. Catch the details and official specs after the break!
After a bunch of rumors that surfaced the internet over the past couple of weeks, the successor to the Best Smartphone of MWC 2013 was officially unveiled. The LG G Pro 2 packs a seriously impressive spec sheet, including a whooping 5.9 inch Full HD display and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with huge 3 GB of RAM.
The G Pro 2 is also very capable in photography terms. There’s the 13 megapixel main camera with the previously confirmed enhanced Optical Image Stabilization (OIS+) and the capability of shooting videos at 4K UHD resolution and 1080p @ 120 fps. There’s also a front facing camera of 2.1 megapixel.
There’s also the similar rear button found on the LG G 2 as confirmed by the previously leaked photos, as well as LG’s proprietary Knock Code which makes the unlocking and using the G Pro 2 easier.
Finally, the LG G Pro 2 will ship with Android Kitkat 4.4 out of the box. Although there’s no word yet on the pricing as well as when will the device be available outside Korea, LG confirms that the G Pro 2 comes in three color options: Titan, White and Silver, and will make it’s an appearance during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain this month.
LG G Pro 2 official specs:
- Android KitKat 4.4
- 2.26GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 5.9 inch ( 1920 x 1080 pixels ) Full HD IPS touch display with Slim Bezel
- 3 GB of RAM
- 16 or 32 GB of ROM
- microSD card support
- 13 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and OIS+, 4k video recording and 1080p @ 120fps
- 2.1 megapixel front camera
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, 3G/LTE/HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart Ready), NFC support
- Knock Code, 1W Hi-Fi Sound, Content Lock
- 3200 mAh removable battery
- 157.9 × 81.9 × 8.3 mm at 172 grams