LG teased everyone last week through a facebook photo of what seems to be a mini version of the current flagship, the LG G2, slated for the 2014 Mobile World Congress happening in Barcelona, Spain. But in a surprising news, LG in Netherlands today announced the official details and specs of the upcoming LG G2 mini. Catch the specs and release of the device after the break!
Just like the bigger LG G2 and LG G Pro 2 sibling, the LG G2 mini features a rear placement for the volume keys, as well as the power button. Upfront, there’s a 4.7 inch screen, running on either a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor or Nvidia’s Tegra 4i, both clocked at 1.2GHz with 1 GB of RAM.
Other specs include an 8 megapixel back and 1.3 megapixel front camera, 8 GB of expandable storage via a microSD card slot, a 2440mAh battery and Android KitKat 4.4 out of the box. There will also be an LTE variant for the LG G2 mini, as well as a dual SIM version.
Available in Red, White, Black and Champagne color options, the LG G2 mini is said to be released sometime around March in Russia, and is coming to the Middle East, Latin America, Asia, and Europe come April.
LG G2 mini official specs:
- Android KitKat 4.4
- 1.2GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 or Nvidia Tegra 4i processor
- 4.7 inch ( 540 x 960 pixels ) qHD IPS LCD touch display at 234ppi
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8 GB of ROM
- microSD card support to up to 64 GB
- 8 megapixel autofocus main camera with LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 1.3 megapixel front facing camera, 720p video recording
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, 3G/HSDPA/HSUPA, LTE (variant dependent)
- dual micro SIM support (variant dependent)
- FM Radio, A-GPS, GLONASS
- LG Optimus UI with Guest Mode
- 2440 mAh Li-ion battery