This is crazy. Really… No, I’m wrong. This is just another interesting trick on web browsers that most PC or Mac users haven’t found out yet.
I’ve been sharing lots of tricks on this blog about web browsers. That includes how traceable your browser, preview the contents of links, double internet browsing speed, and etc. And now, I have learned something new. I’m not really sure though, if you already knew this trick.
Watch videos or play music directly on your web browsers.
Yes, you can actually do this. I’ve tried this on Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. I am actually a Chrome and FF user, but when Opera was claimed to be the fastest browser on earth- I downloaded it just to give a try. You can also download Opera 10.50, it’s really fast!
So, how are you going to watch videos and play music on your favorite browser? Simple… Just drag the file from your PC and drop it on your browser. You got it? Take a look at the screenshots below.
|Music Playing in Firefox|
|Video on Firefox|
|Music in Opera|
|Video Playing in Opera|
|Music Playing in Chrome|
Here are the things you need to know about this trick.
1. You can play different audio files simultaneously on a single browser. You only have to open new tabs. This works on Firefox, Chrome, and Opera.
2. You can play different video files simultaneously on a single browser. The same thing as opening other audio files, just open new tabs. Playing videos works on FF and Opera. This doesn’t work on Chrome.
3. You don’t have controls over the video and music while playing like setting up the treble and bass, etc.
4. Not all audio and video files are supported. I don’t have the list though, so the best thing to do is just drag and drop the file into the browser. If it plays, then it’s supported. Simple, doesn’t it?
5. This trick doesn’t work on Internet Explorer. It will just open Windows Media Player instead.
That’s all I know for now. If I have something to add, I’ll just update this post.