This is the 12th article I drafted from the Pre-Writing Challenge, which is also another Blogger tip if you are using Blogger as a blogging platform.
If you have been following this series, that’s great! But if you just happened to stumble on this post because you are looking for ways to show Adsense ads below post title in Blogger, then you are in the right place.
Just recently, I talked about making money online with Google Adsense. I encourage you to read that article if you are running a blog and want to monetize it.
Okay, let’s go back to the main topic. You might ask why you are going to show adsense ads below post title in Blogger. Well, the answer is- to increase your CTR. Sounds familiar? If you are running Adsense or any other contextual advertising programs, I’m sure you are familiar with that term. If not, just shoot a comment below this post as I’m going to explain it to you. I’ll not talk about it here just to make this post short. Or else you will find this article boring.
To do that, simply follow these steps:
1. Backup you full template just in case something went wrong.
2. First, encode or parse you Google Adsense codes using Postable. Just copy and paste the codes there, then click on “Make it Friendly”.
3. Go to your Blogger template, and click on the “Edit HTML” tab.
4. Check the small square box labeled “Expand Widget Templates”
5. On the template area, look for this code:
6. Just above that code in no.5, paste the Adsense code you parsed in step 2.
7. Save Template
If you want to show the ads only in post pages and not in the homepage, just add conditional tags above and below the Adsense code like the one below, and then paste all the codes just above the code in no. 5.
<b:if cond=’data:blog.pageType == "item"’>
Paste your parsed Adsense code here
If there’s any problem, let’s just talk about that in the comment section.
Update: April 29, 2010
You can also configure to allow Adsense ads to appear only in homepage in Blogger blogs. Refer to the post: Show Adsense Ads or Widgets in Homepage Only