It seems like everyday, there’s a new update about the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5 proving that everyone is just excited about the device. Last night, we wrote about new details on the inclusion of a fingerprint reader, improved air gesture sensors, price and release of the S5, and today, we have details on how it would look like.
Today, Samsung was granted a new design patent, Patent No D697,886 S filed as early as June 12, 2012 by the US Patent and Trademark Office of what seems to be a buttonless phone that what many believe what the upcoming Galaxy S5 would look like. Nothing is really certain as of now, but we are hopeful that this could be it. One thing is for sure though: if this really is the S5, then its safe to say that it looks better than the current S4.
And as the title of this post promises, we are giving you a list of what we think we all know so far about the specs and details of the next Samsung Galaxy S5 flagship.
- Revamped, buttonless design
- new tile-based TouchWiz UI ala Microsoft Metro UI
- 5.2 inch ( 1140 x 2560 pixels ) Quad HD display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 or a new Exynos 6 64-bit processor
- 3 or 4 GB of RAM
- 16 to 20 megapixel main camera
- Fingerprint Reader
- Improved Air Gesture Sensors
- 3,000 mAh battery
- February 23 at 6pm in Barcelona announcement
- Launching in April
- Similar pricing as the Galaxy S4
So far, so good aye? If we missed anything hit us up via the comments section below. [Images via]